Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Journeyman Circle: Week 1

My lgs is hosting a Journeyman League, and I've decided to take this opportunity to start up a small Circle force. Why Circle? Well, here are the alternatives:

Cryx
  • I don’t like the battle box. It’s a fine way to start the faction, but I’m a little past that.
  • I’d rather not submit the rest of the group to weeks of pDenny, especially since another person is playing Cryx.
  • I don’t want to repaint my Slayer.
Legion
  • Two other people are playing Legion. There's only five or six people participating in this; I don't want everyone's fight to be against Legion.
Retribution
  • The reason I want to play Ret is the same reason I don’t want to play them now: the new Kaelyssa model which hasn't been released yet.

So, Circle. Also, I was able to buy half the Hordes two player starter set at a price too low to resist. In what will probably be a controversial decision, I’ll be doubling up on Arguses rather than going Argus/Winter Argus. I’m not wild about either breed, but the extra point I get will be really useful in, oh, every week but the first. Since I won’t be in town to play this first week, the decision is pretty easy.


Not much to say now, but future weeks should be a bit more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment