Saturday, November 3, 2012

Bronzeback-less Lists

I spent some time today updating my armies to account for the Baxter's absence.  Honestly, I felt kind of bad, like I was telling Baxter he couldn't go play with his friends Candice and Gladys because he had the unpaintedpox and had to stay home.  Anyway, here are the lists I came up with where I usually run a Bronzeback.  They include a couple models I don't own yet, which I'll be keen to try out next time I get a chance to play.  Specifically, they include the Archidon, which I proxied once, and Hakaar the Destroyer, who I've proxied a couple of times.

Archdomina Makeda (+5)
*Titan Sentry (9)
*Titan Gladiator (8)
*Archidon (7)
*Aptimus Marketh (3)

6 Cataphract Cetrati (11)
10 Praetorian Swordsmen (6)
*Officer and Standard (2)
Tyrant Commander and Standard (3)
4 Paingiver Beast Handlers (2)

Hakaar the Destroyer (4)

This is an attrition list with some extra sneaky options powered by Savagery and Lightning Strike (the Archidon's Animus).  Cetrati and Swordsmen are prety tough when backed up by Makeda's feat and Defender's Ward, and the Sentry and Archidon can get Defender's Ward if needed to become very annoying to remove.

My game plan is to start with Defender's Ward on the Swordsmen, then put Savagery on the Cetrati for their activation, and switch it onto Hakaar for his.  It'll stay on him, so he can get the 9" Righteous Vengeance move, 9" Full Advance, and maybe even 9" Sprint if he gets Lightning Strike.  Turn 2, I'll jam with everything, get my beasts and Hakaar into good positions, and pop my Feat.  That's the plan anyway.

Lord Tyrant Hexeris (+6)
*Titan Sentry (9)
*Titan Gladiator (8)
*Archidon (7)
*Basilisk Krea (4)
*Aptimus Marketh (3)

10 Praetorian Swordsmen (6)
*Officer and Standard (2)
6 Cataphract Cetrati (11)
4 Paingiver Beast Handlers (2)

Agonizer (2)
Extoller Soulward (2)

This is also sort of attrition-y, though Hexeris doesn't have Makeda's skills.  Death March is a great spell on Swordsmen, and good on Cetrati.  I'd normally play a Cannoneer in this list, but I feel like I'd rather have the solidity and board control of a Sentry, and use Hexy himself for picking off solos with the Archidon as his arc node.  I have a lot of answers here, and some cool tactics I can pull (like Hexy charging forward, killing a beast to Reave its fury, then Sprinting back with Lightning Strike), and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

My Xerxis list doesn't use Baxter because that level of damage output is kind of excessive.  I haven't decided what I'll do for eHexy yet, but whatevs.  He runs every model well, so I'm sure I'll think of something.

If you want to know what I really subbed in for my pMorghoul shooty list, you'll have to wait for the battle report.  Unless you already read it on the Skorne Forum.  In which case you already know, I guess...

UPDATE:  I've decided to run eHexeris ranged heavy.  Thanks Michael

Lord Arbiter Hexeris (+6)
*Titan Cannoneer (9)
*Titan Cannoneer (9)
*Titan Gladiator (8)
*Cyclops Shaman (5)
*Cyclops Raider (5)
*Basilisk Krea (4)

10 Venator Reivers (9)
*Officer and Standard (2)
6 Paingiver Beast Handlers (3)

Extoller Soulward (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment