Monday, July 9, 2012

Tournament at Tower on the 28th

I'm thinking of doing this one.  It's a 50pt tournament, and I'll need to get my ass in gear in terms of painting and assembling models.  It's Divide and Conquer, but I'm not entirely sure if it's two or three lists.

Right now, I'm thinking a beast brick headed by either pMorghoul or Xerxis, a more spread out, infantry-oriented force using either pHexeris or pMakeda.  If it's three lists, I'll throw in Modikaar.  I tried him out this past Saturday, and he was loads of fun.

For now, the Beast Brick:

Master Tormentor Morghoul (+7)                 Tyrant Xerxis (+5)
*Bronzeback Titan (10)                                *Bronzeback Titan (10)
*Titan Sentry (9)                                         *Titan Sentry (9)
*Titan Cannoneer (9)                                   *Titan Cannoneer (9)
*Titan Gladiator (8)                                     *Titan Gladiator (8)
*Cyclops Brute (5)                                      *Basilisk Krea (4)
*Basilisk Krea (4)
*Basilisk Drake (4)                                      6 Cataphract Cetrati (11)
                                                                 4 Paingiver Beast Handlers (2)
4 Paingiver Beast Handlers (2)
4 Paingiver Beast Handlers (2)                       Extoller Soulward (2)

Extoller Soulward (2)
Agonizer (2)


For both lists, I'm debating taking two Cannoneers instead of Cannoneer + Sentry, but the Sentry is a very good beast.  I'm also considering going double Gladiator in the Xerxis list and maxing the Paingiver, and maybe switching the Extoller out for an Agonizer.

No ideas yet for the more infantry-centric list.  I'll have to get a few more games in with both pMakeda and pHexeris to know what exactly I want for them.

1 comment:

  1. Now I am trying to ignore the fact that by reducing my Paingiver allotment to 1 Max unit in the Morghoul list, I can upgrade the Basilisk Drake to a Cyclops Shaman.

    Don't get me wrong, the Drake is a great beast, and will be doing his part as an anti-infantry/ solo hunter in the list as it is. But I think the Shaman does more for a low Fury warlock like Morghoul. By which I mean more Paralytic Aura, more Safeguard, more Train Wreck, more Locker, and most of all, more Rush. Defensive upkeep removal is also always nice.

    ReplyDelete