Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Modeling Post: Cataphracts and Praetorian Swordsmen

 So as it turns out, I didn't do the tournament, but I did find the time to get started on my Cataphract Cetrati.  I think this guy is a promising start.  The face turned out really well for me, especially the shading.  One thing about these knobby Skorne heads - it's really clear what's protruding and what's recessed.  He has a little Crazy Eye, and a little Super Sneer, but I like him.






I still have a lot to do with the guy (mostly highlights, and the Shield, Spear, Shoulder Pads, and OMG Flags), but this is most likely what the unit will look like.

On to Praetorians.  I've always been a little weirded out by their poses.  Some of the ones in the gallery kind of look like they're flailing their swords around aimlessly.  When I posed mine, I tried to fix the arms so that the Swordsman's gaze would be in line with the sword itself.

I really like the effect I got with some of them...





The position on the raised arm is actually pretty close to what I learned to do in Kendo back in the day.  I'm looking forward to painting this one.

Some of my others, though, are less purposeful looking...


BLEEARRRGH!  I'LL GET YOU POWER RANGERS IF ITS THE LAST THING I DO!!

Don't really know what to do with the yelly ones.  I suppose they'll look pretty good all painted up.  More pics as the story unfolds.

Finally, it turns out I have approximately a bajillion cat pictures.  Here's one of them on/in their favorite piece of furniture.





I really achieved the right degree of botheredness with Pax up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment