Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Journeyman League: Week 5

So, 35 points this week. As I alluded to in my previous post, I added back the Striders, as well as a Spell Martyr. One point arcnodes that can run, nice, nice.

Again, only one game this week, which I won. Having guns on my melee heavies is a real treat. I like the Harrower in Cryx for exactly this reason, only it’s even better in Legion. Assault and Repulsion on the Carnivean and Angelius respectively have opened up a lot of previously blocked firing lines. Oh, but’s a bit premature for recap.

On the hobby side, I assembled and magnetized a plastic heavy, so I can bring a Scythean into the final week.

Speaking of the final week (tomorrow), my plan is to replace the Striders with a Scythean and three Shredders with two Deathstalkers, a Shepherd, and a Spell Martyr. The Angelius is good at mauling heavies but not at killing them, and right now it feels like if the Carnivean dies while the enemy still has heavies I have one turn to assassinate their caster before I lose the game. Having a second strong melee threat should fix that.

Game Points: 30
Hobby Points: 2
Journeyman Points: 32

Next week: the endgame (that’s a pun, because the store I play at is also called- oh, nevermind)

No comments:

Post a Comment