Wednesday, May 14, 2014

And there was much rejoicing: Maxtermynd Joins 4+ Tough!


Hello! The name's Maxtermynd and I've been invited to bring a taste of the Madison meta to 4+ Tough as well as a dedicated Retribution (and, when I eventually go back to it, Khadoran) view on the game. I love my futuristic elves and their space robots, and not only because they finally let me use the color orange on an army but because they are fast, hit hard, force slap things around like Jedi knights and reward a combined arms approach to Warmachine.

Space. Robots.


Currently I'm working on mastering a couple of our 'casters for competitive play, which for me means play a list 5 times, switch around a few things, and continue the process until it becomes muscle memory and I have a list I like. To prevent my battle reports from getting too boring I'll try to switch between my current Steamroller or Master's pair every few games that I actually report, as well as the occasional speculative ramble. I'm just that kind of guy.

Also sword guns and/or gun swords.


So, what to expect from me:
  • Battle reports! And if I can find my video gear maybe even video battle reports. Madison meta's pretty brutal sometimes, so I'll likely get my ass handed to me, but it should be educational at the very least.
  • Tactica! I'll try to stay only to things that I actually have the experience to talk about, but I do love me some speculative conjecture as well.
  • Pretty models! I've got an airbrush and I'm not afraid to use it. I'm planning on having the entirety of the Retribution painted and based by the end of the year (except maybe a Gorgon... Heavy Rifle team only becuase it's so damn pretty), and I'll be showing off my progress/getting you all to guilt me into doing it here. There are also a few ridiculous conversion projects that I have in the works (three words: Beach. Party. Blowout.), so stay tuned for those as well.


Until next time, shank a round ear for me!

2 comments:

  1. Huzzah!

    Now everyone post more.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the Blog!

    Those are some great looking models. I'm really looking forward to hearing your thoughts on Ret.

    ReplyDelete