Monday, August 13, 2012

Short Battle Report: Master Tormentor Morghoul vs. Borka Kegslayer

I also got a game in against Borka on Friday.  I'm usually pretty good with names, but I completely spaced out on my opponent's name this time (sorry).

I ran pMorghoul beast heavy, because warbeasts are a lot of fun, and I was planning on running infantry heavy later on.

Master Tormentor Morghoul (+7)
*Bronzeback Titan (10)
*Titan Cannoneer (9)
*Titan Gladiator (8)
*Cyclops Savage (5)
*Basilisk Krea (4)

4 Paingiver Beast Handlers (2)

Extoller Soulward (2)
Agonizer (2)

My opponent ran a Borka brick list.

Borka Kegslayer (+5) - Family Reunion Tier 4
*Pyg Keg Carrier (-)
*Rok (11)

3 Trollkin Champions (5)
*Skaldi Bonehammer (3)
3 Trollkin Champions (5)
3 Trollkin Sluggers (4)
Krielstone Bearer and 3 Stone Scribes (3)
*Stone Scribe Elder (1)

Trollkin Champion Hero (3)
Trollkin Champion Hero (3)
Stone Scribe Chronicler (2)

My opponent won the roll off, and chose to go first.  We played the Process of Elimination scenario.  There were two big scoring zones in the center of the table, and we could only score in one zone at a time, and we could only score in each zone once.  Pictures of the terrain we used can be found in the report of another battle I played right after this one (Caleb and I were too lazy to change it up after this game was over).

My opponent won the roll off, and went first.  He deployed one unit of Champions in front of each zone (the one with Skaldi went on the left), supported by a Champion Hero.  The Sluggers went on my right flank to take advantage of the cover provided by the low walls.  Borka, the Kriel Stone, Chronicler, and Rok went in the middle.

I deployed the three Titans in the middle, with the Cannoneer leading the formation from the center, and the Bronzeback and Gladiator flanking it.  The Krea, Paingivers, Extoller and Morghoul deployed just behind them, and the Savage and Agonizer deployed on my left flank.

The Sluggers and the right Champions unit took advance moves.  The Sluggers advanced toward the first low wall, and the Champions advanced directly toward me.

Turn 1 - Trollbloods
Everybody ran, except one of the Champion Heroes, who charged to move through one of the forests.  Borka put all his Fury on the Krielstone, which used handed out its defensive aura before running.  Rok also riled to maximum Fury, so Borka would be full next turn.

Turn 1 - Skorne
I Rushed and Abused my Cannoneer, Candice, giving her +4" of movement, Trampled up with the Gladiator, and advanced with Morghoul, who also put some Fury on the Agonizer.  The Extoller gave Candice Guidance (Eyeless Sight and Magic Weapon), and she put a shot on Borka, but missed despite fully boosting.  The rest of my army advanced to just little behind Candice.

Turn 2 - Trollbloods
Both Champions units ran again, one getting close to my end of the right zone, the other backing them up from the swamp.  The Sluggers advanced to the closer of the low walls, and shot up my Gladiator to little effect.  Borka advanced, and put Iron Flesh on the closer unit of Champs.  The Krielstone used its Aura and ran again.

Turn 2 - Skorne
The Krea Aimed, and boosted a Spiritual Paralysis into the lead Champ, reducing it to Def 7, which Iron Flesh boosted to 10.  Morghoul put Admonition and Abuse on my Gladiator, Maltreated the Krea, and advanced a bit.  The Cannoneer advanced, used Diminish, and shot at a Champion for very minor damage.  The Paingivers Enraged the Gladiator, and did some Fury management.  The Savage and Bronzeback advanced to support the Cannoneer, and the Bronzeback put Train Wreck on the Gladiator.  The Gladiator Slammed the lead Champ, knocking them all down, but leaving the leader alive.  She then bought 4 more attacks, Beating her way Back through the whole unit, and wiping them out.  She also took a nasty Counter Charge from Skaldi, which I didn't see coming.  She made an attack on Skaldi, but he was Tough.

Turn 3 - Trollbloods
The Sluggers and the second unit of Champs combined forces with one of the Champion Heroes to kill off my Gladiator, despite Admonition.  The Pyg Keg Carrier used the Top Off action on Borka to give him extra Fury and Stumbling Druk, then Borka Feated, and charged Morghoul.  Morghoul survived, though Borka did cause Morhgoul to lose spellcasting for a round.  Since my Gladiator was dead, my opponent scored in the right zone.

Turn 3 - Skorne
I went for the assassination on Borka.  Three Paingivers clustered around Borka, then the Krea used Paralytic Aura, reducing Borka to def 12, and moved what I thought would be far enough out of the way for my Bronzeback to Trample up to Borka and kill him, but I was a fraction of an inch off, and the Bronzeback wasn't in range.  Morghoul tried to finish the job, but failed.

Borka and Skaldi killed him on the next turn.

Overall, a really fun game.  I had a fantastic time, and my Morghoul list only gets more fun the more I play it.  Thanks for the game, Guy Whose Name I Don't Remember!      


No comments:

Post a Comment