Friday, June 27, 2014

4+Tournament: Caleb's Circle, -or- pBaldur Rides Again!

So, there's a newbie-friendly tournament coming up this weekend, and I figured I'd participate. I'm be escewing Trollbloods because, frankly, I'm getting pretty good with them, and I don't want to "stomp newbie face all over the place". As the NFL league has shown (with my terrible 1-3 record so far), I'm a whole heck of a lot worse with Circle, and in the vein of both getting better and playing more casual games, I'm going to take that and run with it. Without further ado....

Baldur the Stonecleaver (*6pts)
* Warpwolf Stalker (10pts)
* Woldguardian (9pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
* Stone keeper (1pts)
Warpborn Skinwalkers (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
* Warpborn Alpha (3pts)
Blackclad Wayfarer (2pts)
Una the Falconer (3pts)
* Rotterhorn Griffon (3pts)

I actually got some practice in with this list, with a gallows grove instead of the stone keeper, in my most recent NFL game (the Tower League that pGrexy has been talking about... yea, I need to do more battle reports...), and it was a knock down drag out attrition slug fest vs Skorne, which was a little unexpected - I didn't think Circle could do that. pBaldur's feat and spells were pretty central , but once everything was engaged, the real surprise was Una the Falconer -- her 3 boostable POW 10 shots per turn ignore virtually everything in the way (plus the target in melee penalty), and because she could boost damage, they became pretty useful for taking out support solos and wounded infantry.

Kromac the Ravenous (*4pts)
* Gorax (4pts)
* Rip Horn Satyr (9pts)
* Warpwolf Stalker (10pts)
Shifting Stones (2pts)
Stoneward and 5 Woldstalkers (5pts)
Blackclad Wayfarer (2pts)
Druid Wilder (2pts)
Gallows Grove (1pts)
Lord of the Feast (4pts)

I'm hoping to pick up a Rip Horn Satyr today now that they're out, but if not, I'll be buying a 2nd heavy Warpwolf kit and magnetizing a Feral/Pureblood for use with Kromac. If your knee-jerk reaction is "why are you bringing Kromac to a newbie-friendly tournament, you fool?!", fear not - I've played approximately 2 games with him (losing both horribly), the list isn't made to be brutally competitive, and I've already checked it out with the guy running the event (who, like many at Tower, are well aware of my less competitive streak).

I'm a bit wish-washy about the support models - I'm debating dropping the Woldstalkers and LotF for a Pureblood, but I want to see how this list does first (plus, that would give me a whole mess of fury problems with four FURY 4 beasts - the Wilder is going to be a bit taxed to begin with).

So, there are the lists - now that the 35pt games for the league are done (thus giving me a chance to get my Circle legs under me again) and we're moving up to 50pts, I'll try to get some actually battle report posts up in the coming weeks. Maybe. If I can. I hope.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing about how Una does in the next couple of games.

    As for the lists, I like the Woldstalkers with Kromac. They do good damage, and they trigger Warpath. Same for the Pureblood I suppose, but I still like the little shrimp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Caleb posting! Also yay Una! If there was ever a model to drag me into Circle it would be that lass and her winged friends.

    ReplyDelete