Thursday, September 20, 2012

Quick Battle Summary (eHexeris vs. Reznik 35pts) and eHexy Thoughts

This is a week old game (from last Friday), so I'll give the highlights.

The lists were

Lord Arbiter Hexeris (+6)
*Bronzeback Titan (10)
*Titan Cannoneer (9)
*Titan Gladiator (8)
*Cyclops Savage (5)

6 Venator Rievers (5)
4 Paingiver Beast Handlers (2)

Extoller Soulward (2)

vs.

Sevrath Reznik (+6)
*Scourge of Heresy
*Vanquisher (I think, it has the fire AoE)

The Avatar of Menoth

5 Exemplar Bastions
4 Choir of Menoth

3 Wracks
Vassal


The game actually ended pretty quickly.  My opponent made a few mistakes, and also suffered from consistently below-average luck.  Reznik ended up within 9.5" of my Bronzeback at the end of his second turn (luck played a roll here too - with decent rolls, Reznik would have killed my Savage, then Scourge could have screened him), and died.

The funniest part of the game for me was that eHexy, an offensive spellslinger with some really decent defensive buffs, only ever cast Rush all game (and boy did he cast it).  Scourge of Heresy was camping Focus, so Black Spot and Hellfire didn't really see play, and there just wasn't much benefit to putting up Ashen Veil given that my opponent's army was mostly melee warjacks.

After the game, I've made some decisions about my eHexy lists.  In my last game against Calandra, I enjoyed using the Sentry as a blocker (and arc node), and using my Venators for ranged support.  My Cannoneer isn't nearly as good a blocker as the Sentry, and in this game, I really wished I'd had a unit that could have jammed up my opponent's 'jacks.  I'm currently thinking Bloodrunners, since Stealth is a good ability to have, and since they're Def 16 vs. living models with Ashen Veil (though Concealment does nothing for them).  They'll deploy ahead of everyone else, and jam up enemy models, either 'jamming warjacks to deny them a charge on my beasts, or counter-jamming infantry to keep them from doing the same to my warbeasts.  I'll try to give it a whirl this Saturday night, or possibly next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment