Friday, October 7, 2016

Looking At Retribution in MkIII

Since any Skorne tactics I try to post are going to be obsolete in, oh, 3 months or so, I'm going to sit down and give my Ret models a hard looking-at.  I haven't played any Retribution yet in MkIII, largely because:
  1. Skorne had some issues, and since I intended to keep playing Skorne, I wanted to see what I could do to help people do well with them.
  2. The Power Up rule, along with a bunch of others, means that my Ret collection needs a serious update to be current with the meta.  I'll get around to it eventually, but right now, any list I build with my own models, I end up wanting more 'jacks in.
  3. My lazy ass never got around to painting, or in some cases even fully assembling, my Ret models, and I've gotten used to playing with a 2/3 painted Skorne list for battle reports.
But I do still like the angry elves, and since I've said I'm going to do tactics on Fridays, I'll start doing tactics for Ret.  I'll try to play a roughly equal amount of Ret and Skorne at least until January, and have a mix of battle reports with both factions.  My tactics posts will mostly be me learning how to elf in MkIII, at least until January.

For now, I'll mainly be looking at Ossyan 1, Kaelyssa 1, and Rahn 1 as 'casters, both because I feel like I can build decent lists for all of them with what I've got, and because they look pretty freakin' fun right now.  I'll probably branch out into Hylena, especially if there's a Journeyman League I can glom onto anywhere near me.  I'm also looking at Elara 2, because holy Scyrah, she looks fun.

No actual tactics this week.  Hopefully, I'll come up with something for Retribution by next week (or if not, then I'll at least have a lot of questions).

2 comments:

  1. Those are my top 4 picks for Ret with Rahn on top as always. I'll be returning to the pointy ears come Helios's release... January can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I've played Kae twice now, and she's great. Rahn is always fun, and I'm really looking forward to Ozzy with Field Marshal: Future Sight and Deadeye.

    ReplyDelete