Tuesday, August 26, 2014

NFL League Playoffs

With a record of 9-0 (my final opponent didn't have time to play me before the deadline last Friday, so our scores for that game aren't counted), I'm in the Tower NFL League playoffs.

There are three games (though I'm pretty sure I have a bye for the first round).  The format is basically the same as the regular season, with one exception: we can only use a Warlock/Warcaster once.

I won the Fury conference with a record of 9-0 (my last opponent and I weren't able to schedule our game in time for the deadline this past Friday).  Also in the Fury conference are Jamie and his Cryx, and Sean with his Blindwater.  My week 3 opponent, Tom, went 8-2, and won the Focus conference with Khador.  Benesh with Convergence, and another Tom with Mercenaries are also in the playoffs in Focus.

The first round pits the runners-up in each conference against each other: Jamie plays Sean, and Mercs Tom plays Benesh.  The winner of each match will play the conference winner: Me and Khador Tom (who posted here as Zatak).  Then the winners of those games will play in the finals.

Without wanting to telegraph my lists too much, I'm still sticking to the 4 Warlocks I've focused on over the summer: Mordikaar, pMakeda, Makeda 3, and Zaal (but especially Makeda 3).  I'll be able to bring 2 to each match, and I'll still be able to tailor my lists a bit to confound my current opponent.

The first playoff games are happening tonight, and I'll show up just in case Sean or Jamie wants to play a double header.

If not, I'll probably give eXerxis another spin, and/or try out Zaadesh.

EDIT: It turns out I can't play tonight :(  But that's ok.  I'll play on Friday, and let you all know how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats! Sounds kind of like a DnC 1 tournament played over a long period of time, should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, and looking forward to the reports!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks!

    Tuesday's results are in: CoC beat Mercenaries, and Cryx beat Blindwater. Looks like my first game will be a rematch against Jamie.

    Hopefully this time, I won't leave my 'caster open like a doofus, and Jamie won't get totally robbed by the dice.

    ReplyDelete