Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tekmology and Escalating the List

Well, I'm not going to let some tech issues prevent me from posting from my phone. From now on, if I post a single blob of text from my phone, I'll write "[stop]" where I want paragraphs to end. Whenever this happens, Caleb, you have my permission to edit by hitting enter. You can delete "[stop]" or not, depending on how much you want my post to sound like an old-timey telegraph message. [Stop]
On to my escalation of the PMorghoul list I talked about yesterday. I have the additions for 25pts and 35pts al planned out. For 25pts, I'll be adding 10 points of support: Min Paingivers are a must for Fury management, plus they'll be easy to finish painting. The Agonizer is a truly great model against most opponents, plus the little guy is pretty cute. My last 6 points are going into an Extoller Soulward and a Basilisk Krea. The Soulward is mostly there for granting Eyeless Sight and Magic Weapon, but will probably collect some souls over the course of the battle. The Krea is there to toughen my list up a bit against ranged attacks, to help reduce enemy Def when I need her to, and because she's mostly painted already. If I start having big infantry problems, I might switch to a Drake, but I think that Morgsy, Adam and Candes han hold down the anti-infantry front. Here's the list. [Stop]
Master Tormentor Morghoul (+7)
*Titan Cannoneer (9)
*Titan Gladiator (8)
*Cyclops Savage (5)
*Basilisk Krea (4)
4 Paingiver Beast Handlers (2)
Extoller Soulward (2)
Agonizer (2) [Stop]
At 35pts, I'll be going back to basics with a Bronzeback Titan, which will take me there on his own. The Bronzeback is a very powerful beast who adds a lot to the army in terms of both maneuvering tricks (Counter Charge, Hyper Aggressive, and most of all, the Train Wreck animus) and in sheer killing power. What I'm looking forward to most is the tag team of Admonitioned Cannoneer and Counter Charging Bronzeback. That'll definitely make people think twice about attacking Candes. [Stop]
I'll have to get a few more games in with the list at 35 before I can really decide what to add at 50. Right now I'm thinking a Basilisk Drake to go with the Krea, and something else. Maybe max Venator Rievers + UA. Maybe a Titan Sentry and a 2nd unit of Paingivers. I'll know once I decide what the 35pt list needs. [Stop]

No comments:

Post a Comment