Monday, August 28, 2017

Arise, Blog!

Hey everyone!

It's been a couple months since my last post, and I've been very busy this past spring and summer.  To be clear, I'll probably be very busy this fall as well, but I'm full of energy and could really use some distractions right now, so let's see how this goes.

I've made a few lists for both Retribution and Skorne, but I haven't actually played either faction all summer, so I'll have to see how they do.  I am very excited for the Imperial Warhost theme and spoiled Immortal Host theme, and I'll talk about those a bit in a later post.  My Ret collection is a lot more diverse, and I'm looking forward to putting them on the table as well.

But what I'm doing right now is starting Cryx.

See, over the summer we decided to have an ultra-casual JML among friends, and I decided to try to play Cryx for the occasion.  I've always thought the Cryx models looked very cool, I liked the fluff pretty well, and finally, I enjoy the eeeeevil debuff-oriented playstyle.  So I got myself the battlegroup, and I've almost got the first 25pts of models painted (I'll post pics soon, but not today).  That means I'm ahead of the curve, because what I mean by ultra-casual is that we're about 5 weeks into week 1 of this JML, and really digging the relaxed pace and chance to hang out.

So in addition to my Skorne and Ret thoughts, I'll have a couple of updates (maybe even battle reports once we reach the 50pt level or so) on this JML with Cryx and where I want to go with the faction when we're done.

Finally, I'll *try* to get back to the Twitter account I created to live tweet Adepticon a year and a half ago.  I'm @pgrexy.

That's it for now.  I have terrific intentions and a fool's hope that I will be able to keep up with the blog this time.  Talk to you (hopefully) later.

No comments:

Post a Comment