Monday, September 26, 2016

The WTC Results Are In...

...And it doesn't look great for Skorne.  There weren't a lot of Skorne players, and collectively, they got a 39% win rate (the lowest of any faction).  It's possible that's just chance or a result of good matching against Skorne players, but a lot of people of all factions are saying that Skorne needs something to bring it back in line with the rest of the factions.  In my first post of the new schedule, I said there were a lot of legitimate gripes about Skorne.  I'm not going to write the whole list of grievances - there are plenty in the Skorne Community on the PP forum.

I haven't played enough games to know what the deal is.  I suspect that we're weak into the current meta of 'jack spam and gun lines.  Jacks are just so much cheaper than our beasts for the damage output, that we have trouble trading against them.  We might learn how to build lists that solve this problem well, and we might not.  I started out pretty excited by our anti-shooting tech, and I personally haven't run into a gun line that's blown me away.  But I'm hearing a fair amount about games that end before they begin, and Skorne might have to over-invest in anti-shooting tech that doesn't bring a lot to the table offensively.

I'm still excited about Skorne, and I'm still going to play Skorne.  There's enough good stuff here to keep me interested for sure, even if it's a limited model selection.  I'll have to see if there are any tournaments coming up (I bet there are, but I don't do Facebook often so I don't know for sure), and see how I do.

I'll be trying out all our other 'casters, and practicing hard with Mak3 and Hex2 in the meantime.

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Another factor is that Trevor was the captain for USA White and probably threw himself (and Skorne's win percentage) under the bus on more than one occasion. Definitely would be curious to see what they were matched into and which pair ups won or lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true. The way matchup selection works, it's hard to say how it affected the win rate. I mean from the numbers I've seen, Madrak 2 got a win rate of like 27%, and he's amazing. Teams were just doing a good job of having 1-2 players tech against him, and getting those matchups.

    ReplyDelete