Friday, February 6, 2015

Kriels on the Move: TC Interstore Tournament

Several stores in the Twin Cities are combining together to do a month long inter-store tournament, and I'm signed up! (For more information on the tournament, see pGrexy's wonderful post).

Since my Jarl list is still in the testing phase (though I haven't had time to test it, hence the lack of a battle report), I'm switching over to a Grim list with a similar set of models to deal with infantry and scenarios and an Epic Doomshaper list for heavy armor cracking.

Since this is a month long tournament, I'm going to be doing a battle report for each phase and giving my general feelings on the lists. Both of these are exact not lists I've played before, primarily because I haven't been playing a lot of Trollbloods for a while, but I have confidence in them since they build on a lot of my previous lists, but with better models than I've used or had access to before.

Grim Angus (*6pts) - 50pts Steamroller
* Troll Impaler (5pts)
* Dire Troll Bomber (10pts)
* Dire Troll Mauler (9pts)
* Trollkin Runebearer (2pts)
Trollkin Fennblades (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
* Trollkin Fennblade Officer & Drummer (2pts)
Trollkin Highwaymen (Leader and 9 Grunts) (8pts)
Fell Caller Hero (3pts)
Fennblade Kithkar (2pts)
Stone Scribe Chronicler (2pts)
Troll Whelps (2pts)
Trollkin Champion Hero (3pts)

Grim1 is a bit more well rounded as a warlock than Jarl is, and he's a more proven quality - plus, he's pretty good at scenario play. Highwaymen are a natural for Grim, since he can de-buff enemy defense and they're a great target for Cross Country (who doesn't like hunter?).


Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia (*6pts) - 50pts Steamroller
* Earthborn Dire Troll (10pts)
* Mulg the Ancient (12pts)
* Rok (11pts)
* Trollkin Runebearer (2pts)
Krielstone Bearer and 5 Stone Scribes (4pts)
* Krielstone Stone Scribe Elder (1pts)
Trollkin Warders (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Janissa Stonetide (3pts)
Lanyssa Ryssyll, Nyss Sorceress (2pts)
Troll Whelps (2pts)
Trollkin Sorcerer (1pts)

This list is pretty self explanatory - block of dangerous beasts with Doomy2's buffs and feat, plus warders and support to back them up and make them tougher. The Warders are a new inclusion - typically, I try to use a ranged element to back up the beasts, but since I've already got a stone running I figured I'd go a little Meat Mountain -- or in this case, Meat Molehill.

So, there we have it. My first game is tomorrow vs Wes' Menoth (since our lists are already distributed, he'll be running Severius2 and Harbinger... oi), and I'll hopefully have a battle report up sometime this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know from Trolls, but do you think you really need Lanyssa? Doomy's feat already lets you charge for free and with +3 SPD, and she's mighty unreliable. Granted I don't know what you would use to replace that two points, but could be something to think about.

    ReplyDelete