Monday, July 15, 2013

Playing Two Factions

Hi Everyone!  It looks like I haven't posted in about a month, so here's a quick hit.

It turns out starting up a Retribution army was the best thing I could have done to keep my interest up in Skorne.  After the tournament last month, I was kind of burned out on Skorne.  I played around with my Retribution a little since then, and picked up some Halberdiers and Adeptis Rahn.

Now, in addition to being more psyched up about Retribution and Warmachine: Vengeance being around the corner, I'm really getting back into Skorne.  I played a couple games last week with Tier 4 eHexeris, which is a fantastically fun list, and I'm getting back into all my old Skorne faves.

Retribution of Scyrah has a very different flavor and playstyle from Skorne.  It's fun to use both factions and compare the tricks they can pull.  It's especially fun to be playing one of them, and miss the other one's strengths.  When I play Skorne, I always wish I had easy access to disruption tech like the Banshee, as well as great shooting and melee infantry Mage Hunter Strike Force, Dawnguard Invictors, and Houseguard Halberdiers.  When I play Retribution, I wish for Titans (and Extoller Soulwards).  :P

I'll probably post one of my games with Rahn and one with eHexeris later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment