Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Life without Tartarus, part 2


I suppose that when I say I'm going to try something out and report my results I should make some effort to, you know, report my results. To recap, several weeks ago I decided to take bane thralls without Tartarus, with the idea being to compensate for his absence with other models (mostly pDenny). Well, I did so, and here's my conclusion:

Take Tartarus.

To be more specific, I feel that max banes + UA can attrition very well, and high (but not stupid-high) DEF can be worked around, but I could not stand how slow the thralls are without Tartarus. Maybe I'm spoiled by Satyxis and their ability to sprint into my opponent's deployment zone, but the thrall's lack of speed was maddening.

I did quite like the Desecrator though. 4" scathers are fun. I'll need to give it some more play time.

That's it for now. Laters.


1 comment:

  1. I have to say that the Speed boost was the thing that scared me most about Tartarus. Bane Thralls with an 8.5" threat range I could deal with. Tartarus makes them a bit faster than other infantry. Unless I'm playing a fast warlock, the Banes will outrange me. It makes them much harder to deal with.

    Not to mention Tartarus himself is an enormous pain.

    ReplyDelete