Monday, May 19, 2014

Are You Ready for Some Football?!

Tower is doing another league, and this time, I'm joining in instead of watching from the sidelines.

Rather than being another escalation style league, this is the NFL league.  We all have a schedule of one game a week, and there's a 10-week season, followed by playoffs.  The first 4 weeks will be at 35pts, while the last 6 will be at 50, as will the playoffs.  We bring two lists to every game, following SR 2014 character restrictions, and every game will be played with a scenario.  I think the timing is standard Death Clock for the point size, but I'm not 100% sure.

Since it's our responsibility to schedule the games ourselves (as opposed to just showing up when we can and playing whoever is there), I'm actually pretty optimistic about being able to make all the games.  Furthermore, League night is officially Friday night, which is when I'm usually free to come play games.

The other major rule for the NFL league is that if a character model dies in a game (or a character unit is completely wiped out), that character is unavailable in the next game.  This includes Warcasters/Warlocks, and they are injured if you lose by scenario just as if they had been killed.

I'll be playing Skorne, since I'm currently both playing and painting them.  Hopefully, the league will inspire me to get a lot more done on the Skorne that I have, and maybe even have a couple of full 50pt lists fully painted by the end of the season.

I'll be doing reports of all my League games, so expect 1 report a week for at least the next 10 weeks.  I'll also try to do pictures for all of them, but I'll be relying on my cell phone, so if it's out of power, no pics.  :(  I'll probably also go into some lengthier post-game discussions separate from the reports, to keep with the Football motif.  Maybe I'll even record the reports podcast style.

Reports, thoughts, and cat pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment