Tuesday, June 26, 2012

New Casters, New Lists

I've had a blast focussing on pMorghoul for the slow-grow league so far.  In particular, I've been delighted at how well the Titan Cannoneer is doing.  However, it's time for a change of pace for me.  I'm thinking of picking up a new warlock, and learning the ropes all over again.  Right now, I'm thinking either eHexeris or Void Seer Mordikaar.  Here are the lists I'm considering.

Lord Arbiter Hexeris (+6)
*Bronzeback Titan (10)
*Titan Sentry (9) (bonded)
*Titan Gladiator (8)
*Cyclops Savage (5)

6 Venator Rievers (5)
*Officer and Standard (2)

4 Paingiver Beast Handlers (2)

A tough list with a lot of beasts, and some very cool synergies.  I'm looking forward to using Black Spot in conjunction with Train Wreck and CRA.  I may decide I'd rather have the Cannoneer than the Sentry, but I'd like more experience with the Sentry, and I feel like I have enough ranged support in the list between the Venators and eHexy's spells.  Other swap-out options include an Agonizer or Extoller for the Venator UA.  We'll see how it goes.

Void Seer Mordikaar (+5)
*Titan Cannoneer (9)
*Basilisk Drake (4)
*Basilisk Krea (4)

10 Praetorian Swordsmen (6)
*Officer and Standard (2)
6 Cataphract Cetrati (11)

Extoller Soulward (2)
Void Spirit (2)

I'm not as sure about this list - I'm a little worried about dealing with heavies.  All told, I might rather have Arcuarii than Cetrati, and I'll probably proxy Arcs and a second Void Spirit at some point.  I really like the idea of respawning, shield walling, maybe even undead and tough/spell immune (against those awful Druids for sure) Cetrati though.  What an annoyance.  Arcs are cheaper, and have a good ranged attack they can throw around.  I'll miss the Agonizer in this list.  Mordikaar seems like he can use the extra attrition and denial, but I want support for the Cannoneer.  I'm looking forward to running the basilisks together, which I don't do enough.

Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...

    I'm already thinking about putting the Paingivers back into that Mordikaar list. I like the Extoller a lot, but it may have to go. Oh well, Essence Blast is good for removing stealth stuff too, it's just not as powerful.

    ReplyDelete